Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is 18 Karat Gold?
18 Karat gold comprises 75% pure gold mixed with 25% of other metals such as copper, silver, and other alloys. To secure gemstones in our jewelry, we use 18 Karat gold as it is more durable than 22 or 24 Karat gold.
2. Does 18 CARAT HOUSE use authentic gemstones?
18 CARAT HOUSE uses natural gemstones from around the world. These gemstones are cut and polished in India. Natural gemstones are unique and hence similar but no two gemstones can be identical.
3. Do 18 CARAT HOUSE pieces count as investments?
As all 18 CARAT HOUSE pieces are made in 18 Karat solid gold and natural gemstones, your investment would always hold its value.
4. How are your pieces designed?
Like i say my eyes and ears are opened at all times. Inspiration comes from anywhere and everywhere, from nature and travel, natural forms and textures, colours and architecture. A small idea grows into a collection after a collaboration of thoughts, ideas and possibilities.
5. Where are your pieces made?
Our pieces are made in Mumbai and Jaipur, in India. Our gemstones are sourced from around the world but cut and polished in India to ensure you get the best.
6. How are your pieces made?
All our pieces are made by hand in our workshops in Jaipur and Mumbai, in India. They are produced by skilled artisans, some who are second and third generation karigars (artisans), who are the very backbone of our brand, working with our family for over 35 years now.
7. How can I tell the quality and authenticity of the gold and precious stones used?
All 18 CARAT HOUSE products are hallmarked to certify the purity of gold and come with an in-house certificate with complete details of the products.
8. Do you offer any customization?
For any customization please write to us at email@example.com and we will guide you accordingly.
9. How can I get in touch with 18 CARAT HOUSE?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 8591727913 or chat with us an whatsapp.
10. Does 18 CARAT HOUSE have a retail store?
We are available on appointment at Shop no 24, Crush Hall, World Trade Center, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai – 400005, India.
11. Does 18 CARAT HOUSE have services of a personal shopper that can assist with shopping and selection?
You can contact us at email@example.com and have all your queries taken care of, product queries, styling questions etc. We can assist with making a selection for yourself or for your loved ones for everyday wear or for special occasions.
12. What modes of payment are available?
We currently only accept credit/debit cards, UPI and bank transfers.
13. Is COD available?
Currently cash on delivery is not available.
14. Can I have my order sent as a gift?
Yes you can always send our pieces as a gift, and even attach a personalized note.
15. What packaging will my 18 CARAT HOUSE jewelry arrive in?
Our jewelry is carefully packed in a bubble wrap to secure the gemstones. It is then placed in a zip lock along with the soft lined pouch, which goes into a 18 CARAT HOUSE box, along with the certificate of authenticity, note card, gold polishing cloth and care instructions.
16. If I want to place an order for 2 identical pieces, Is it possible?
As all our pieces are handcrafted by skilled artisans and made with natural gemstones, there is always a slight variation in each piece, as no two gemstones can be identical. We think of it as each piece being unique as it can never be replicated like it’s machine made. We celebrate these slight variations as a signature of the artisan!
17. How can I measure my ring size?
Please click here to learn how to measure your ring size.
18. Can I wear it everyday? Will it tarnish if I wear it in water?
Please click here to learn more about our care and repair.
19. Can I have my order sent as a gift?
Yes you can always send our pieces as a gift, and even attach a personalised note.
20. Do you accept refurbishing of jewelry?
We offer complimentary refurbishing of 18 CARAT HOUSE jewelry. However, the shipping cost will be borne by the client.
21. My piece was damaged in transit, can I get a replacement?
Please inform us of the damage within 24 hours of receiving your order. Write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org with an image, proof of purchase date and we will be in touch with you.
22. During the course of wearing the piece, one of the stones seems to have fallen out, how do I get it fixed?
Each piece by 18 CARAT HOUSE is inspected thoroughly before dispatch to ensure that all gemstones are secured properly, however sometimes due to regular wear and tear a stone can get dislodged from the setting. If you do have the dislodged stone in hand, please do get in touch with us on email@example.com. If you do not have the lost stone with you we will still try our best to procure it subject to availability and charges. All repairs are subject to shipping charges.